Tips for Searching in North Bay:
- Start early—give yourself lots of time, plan and budget for at least three trips to see rental units if you live elsewhere.
- Location, location, location—settle on a search area where you will find convenient places you are likely to go (close to campus, bus routes, grocery stores, laundry services, parking).
- See every place—never agree to rent something you have never physically looked over.
- Be picky—search at least 5 different places, so you have some options to compare.
- Ask lots of questions, the more you know the better.
- Be persistent—look frequently, check often, and once you have found your place follow up with a landlord.
- Go with your gut—do you feel safe here, casually see who the neighbours are, drive around the neighbourhood. Did it smell musky when you walked in the unit? You will either love it right away or not, be cautious.